Click to Home
Resident Help Center

Go To Search
Your Money, Your Housing
Your Money
Money Tips is a U.S. government website dedicated to teaching Americans about basic financial issues. Designed to be a one-stop shop, it includes financial information from 20 federal agencies. Resources on
provide information to help you more wisely buy a home, balance your checkbook, or invest your money. Topics include budgeting and taxes; credit; financial planning; home ownership resources; kids; paying for education; privacy, frauds and scams; responding to life events; retirement planning; saving and investing; and starting a small business. A “My Money” toolkit can be viewed online or you may call 1-888-MYMONEY to order a free copy.

Another website that contains a variety of information to help families survive these tough economic times is Families in Tough Times at It was developed by the University of Minnesota Extension Center for Family Development.

Your Credit
Do You Know What’s On Your Credit Report? Get One Free Each Year. Federal law allows you to order one free copy of your report from each of the nationwide consumer reporting companies (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) every 12 months.

The Federal Trade Commission enforces the Fair Credit Reporting Act with respect to consumer reporting companies. A credit report includes information on where you live, how you pay your bills, and whether you’ve been sued or arrested, or have filed for bankruptcy. Nationwide consumer reporting companies sell the information in your report to creditors, insurers, employers, and other businesses that use it to evaluate your applications for credit, insurance, employment, or renting a home.

Information about securing your child's credit is available at or securing credit for a college student at

The only official site you can order your free annual report from all three credit companies can be accessed by:

  • Visiting the website 
  • Calling 1-877-322-8228 
  • Or filling out the Request Form and mailing it to: Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281. The form and more information is available at
Your Housing
It is important to promptly seek assistance if you are having problems with mortgage payments, utility bills or home maintenance because more options will be available to address the issue. The following housing resources will help you make better choices.

Foreclosure Information
Foreclosure prevention workshops and counseling services are available. For more information, contact the Community Action Partnership of Suburban Hennepin County (CAPSH) at (952) 933-9639 or, or the Minnesota Home Ownership Center at (651) 659-9336 or Tenants may contact HomeLine for tenant information & advice- Call (612) 728-5767 or visit
For more info, please see the Foreclosure Brochure.

Property Tax Payments & Info
Hennepin County Tax Information- Call (612) 348-3011 or visit

Section 8 Rent Assistance
Housing- Metro Council HRA- Call (651) 602-1428 or visit

Emergency Energy Assistance/Utility Payment
  • CAPSH– visit or call (952) 930-3541 
  • MN Dept of Commerce Office of Energy Security– visit or call (651) 296-5175