Click to Home
Resident Help Center

Go To Search
Application Procedures
Application and Forms
Deputy City Clerk

6301 Shingle Creek Pkwy.
Brooklyn Center, MN  55430

Ph: (763) 569-3300
Fx: (763) 569-3494

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Rental Dwelling License Application Packet


Application Submission

  • A rental dwelling license application is required to be submitted with the appropriate fee to the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall.
  • The application must be filled out completely with owner name, address (no P.O. box), phone number, date of birth, and local agent information.  If the application is by a natural person, by such person; if by a corporation, by an officer thereof; if by a limited liability company, by a member thereof; if by a partnership, by one of the partners; if by an unincorporated association, by the manager or managing officer thereof.
  • A local agent is required if the property owner lives outside of the Twin Cities Metropolitan Service Area (Minnesota counties of Hennepin, Ramsey, Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Scott, or Washington).
  • A Minnesota Business Tax Identification Number form must be completed.  If applicant is an individual, personal information section must be completed including social security number.  If business, business information section must be completed including Minnesota and Federal tax identification numbers.
  • One time submission of a copy of your lease addendum for Crime-Free/Drug-Free Housing

Application Review Process
  • Once a complete application and fee are received, a health safety inspection is scheduled for the property.
  • Owners of rental property must be current on property taxes and utility fees at all times.
  • The City Council approves and authorizes the issuance of rental dwelling licenses only after the Compliance Official has determined that all life and health safety violations or discrepancies have been corrected and property taxes and utility fees are current.